Remove start.qone8 browser hijacker. Search.qone8.com redirect virus removal guide
Use this guide to learn how Qone8.com browser hijacker infects computers, how it manifests itself on the affected system, what goals it pursues, and most importantly, how to completely remove it from your PC.
Qone8.com, also referred to as Start.qone8.com or Qone8 hijacker, is a computer infection that interferes with a user’s web surfing activities in the way that traffic from the infected computer is forcibly driven to its own page. More specifically, this piece of malware modifies the homepage for your browser as well as the default web search provider without asking for your permission. Furthermore, it embeds its URL in the Target area of the properties for your web browser’s shortcut that you use to open it.
Getting infected with Qone8 hijacker typically takes place as a result of third-party software downloads. While such apps appear normal and helpful on their own, they might be bundled with malicious payload which will eventually cause your browsers to act up the way we outlined above. Some examples of the apps that are known to be involved in distributing Qone8 adware are Omiga-Plus, Extended Protection, Desk 365, Wsys Control, DProtect, New Tabs Uninstall and eSave Security Control. By the way, even though the landing page is Qone8.com or Start.qone8.com, you won’t be able to find anything similar-looking on the list of installed applications, browser extensions, etc. Instead, for cleanup purposes you are advised to look for the above-mentioned potentially unwanted programs or the apps that you recently installed.
Speaking of the objectives being pursued by the bad guys, they all lie in the scope of the online advertising business. It’s fairly simple: the more visits are brought to pages with certain ads, the more money the advertisers will pay.
Despite the fact that visiting Qone8.com does not really pose risk to one’s computer, this sort of activity is definitely annoying and such that prevents you from normal web browsing; moreover, it is a symptom of contamination, which means the malicious items need to be detected and removed as soon as possible. In the following sections of this article we will provide step-by-step instructions on getting rid of this noxious hijacker.
Qone8.com hijacker automatic removal
A recommended method for Qone8 cleanup is the use of reliable security software. Not only is this a trouble-free way to act, but it also guarantees that no traces of the infection are missed, hence none of its remainders are left behind in the long run.
2. Run it and have your computer scanned for malicious software such as potentially unwanted programs that cause Qone8.com to play havoc with your online surfing.
3. Select the detected objects and click Remove
How to remove Qone8.com from Mozilla Firefox
• To get the browser preferences back to normal, please type about:config in Firefox URL field and hit Enter
• In the warning that will be displayed, click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button down at the bottom
• When the filter box appears, type qone8
• Firefox will now list all preferences associated with Qone8. Please right-click every single one of those and choose Reset
• In order to correct the Firefox shortcut settings, right-click on the shortcut and select Properties. Then hit the Shortcut tab on the top and in the Target area erase http://start.qone8.com. When done, save the changes.
How to remove Qone8.com from Google Chrome
• Click on the Wrench icon in the top right-hand corner of your Chrome window
• In the drop-down menu, select Settings
• Locate the On startup section and click Set pages as shown on the image below
• On the Startup pages screen that pops up, find the one that has qone8 in its URL and click X button to the right
• Now proceed to another Settings section called Appearance. Activate the Show Home button option by clicking in the check mark field as shown below, and then click Change
• Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save the changes
• Go to Search area under Settings, click Manage search engines. Then remove Qone8 from the list and pick your normal search provider
• Now, to rectify your Chrome shortcut parameters, right-click on the shortcut icon and select Parameters. Proceed to the Shortcut tab and remove http://start.qone8.com which follows the application path in the Target field. Save the changes.
How to remove Qone8.com from MS Internet Explorer
• Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons in the drop-down menu
• Under Add-on types, select Search Providers. Pick your preferred search provider and click Set as default down at the bottom of the screen
• Also, delete Qone8 from this list by selecting on the corresponding entry and clicking Remove
• Now you need to make your IE shortcut work the right way. Right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties
• Click on the Shortcut tab and remove http://start.qone8.com from the field labeled Target. Make sure you save the changes
• To restore your normal home page, go to Tools and select Internet Options. Click on General tab and set the home page you prefer.
Make sure Qone8 hijacker is gone
After all the outlined steps have been completed, it’s recommended to run a system scan with automated solution to make sure there are no traces of Qone8.com hijacker and related potentially unwanted programs left.