Remove Dosearches.com browser redirect virus. DO SEARCHES removal from Chrome/Firefox/Explorer
The aim of this tutorial is to provide an extensive description of Dosearches.com browser hijacker and instruct the affected users in terms of methods for complete and irreversible removal of this annoying adware.
Browser hijacking is a particularly obnoxious phenomenon in the present-day malware schemes because of the inconveniences it causes to a victim. By imposing certain pre-determined web surfing preferences upon users, these infections make it virtually unbearable to use the Internet on the targeted computer. The full set of side effects from hijacker contamination is encountered if your PC gets compromised by adware redirecting your traffic to a service hosted at Dosearches.com. As you can tell from the screenshot below, the page is designed to make it look like it takes after best web search practices. However, this impression is fairly deceptive, to put it mildly.
In spite of the fact that Dosearches.com domain was not found malicious as such, visiting that URL is a very probable signal of rather severe adware infestation that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. These cyber threats tend to be distributed as a latent bundle to some suspicious downloads or as applications such as browser extensions / add-ons proper which are disguised as useful ones. No matter if contamination was explicit or hidden, the adware automatically changes browser settings including homepage and preferred search engine, replacing the existing values with Dosearches.com or Search.dosearches.com.
Basically, what this means is you are bound to use the online service you never asked for. Attempts to restore the correct parameters manually are unfortunately to no avail, because this technique does not actually eliminate the malicious software which will inevitably keep doing the same thing again. Consequently, to completely get rid of this bug victims need to apply a mix of cleanup methods, which we will extensively cover in the removal section of this article.
Some of the additional reported dangers emanating from Dosearches.com virus include increased amounts of spam and junk emails offering products and services that correspond to the user’s recent browsing activity. The only obvious conclusion to draw from this is that this particular hijacker aims at retrieving your online preferences and interests with the purpose of providing that information to advertisers. Also, each Dosearches.com results page contains ads above the fold so that its authors get rewarded for promoting certain services. All in all, this is a complex scheme and powerful, though unethical, business. From the following section of this entry you will learn how to stay away from this filthy forcible advertising.
Dosearches.com virus automatic removal
An effective method for DO SEARCHES adware cleanup is the use of trusted security software. Not only is this a trouble-free way to act, but it also guarantees that no traces of the infection are missed, hence none of its remainders are left behind in the long run.
2. Run the software and click Start Computer Scan to have your computer checked for malicious software such as PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that interfere with your online surfing.
3. Select the detected objects and click Fix Threats.
Uninstall affiliated DoSearches software using Control Panel
• Go to Control Panel’s Add or Remove Programs (on Windows XP and Windows 8) / Uninstall a program (on Windows Vista and Windows 7) interface
• Find any mentions of Dosearches or other suspicious apps on the list of programs (Dosearches Browser Protector(-er), Browser Defender, Omiga-Plus, Browser Protect, Delta Search, LessTabs, WebCake, VideoSaver, TidyNetwork, Yontoo, DownloadTerms, etc.) and initiate their removal by clicking the Change/Remove option
Dosearches adware removal from Mozilla Firefox
• To get the browser preferences back to normal, please type about:config in Firefox URL field and hit Enter
• In the warning that will be displayed, click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button down at the bottom
• When the filter box appears, type dosearches
• Firefox will now list all preferences associated with Dosearches.com. Please right-click every single one of those and choose Reset
• In order to correct the Firefox shortcut settings, right-click on the shortcut and select Properties. Then hit the Shortcut tab on the top and wipe http://www.dosearches.com, including any subsequent symbols, out of the Target area. When done, save the changes.
Dosearches.com removal from Google Chrome
• Click on the Wrench icon in the top right-hand corner of your Chrome window
• In the drop-down menu, select Settings
• Locate the On startup section and click Set pages as shown on the image below
• On the Startup pages screen that pops up, find the one that has Dosearches in its URL and click X button to its right
• Now proceed to another Settings section called Appearance. Activate the Show Home button option by clicking in the check mark field as shown below, and then click Change
• Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save the changes
• Go to Search area under Settings, click Manage search engines. Then remove Dosearches from the list and select your normal search provider
• Now, to rectify your Chrome shortcut parameters, right-click on the shortcut icon and select Parameters. Proceed to the Shortcut tab and remove http://www.dosearches.com which follows the application path in the Target field. Save the changes.
Dosearches.com removal from Internet Explorer
• Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons in the drop-down menu
• Under Add-on types, select Search Providers. Pick your preferred search provider and click Set as default down at the bottom of the screen
• Also, delete Dosearches from this list by selecting the corresponding entry and clicking Remove
• Now you need to make your IE shortcut work the right way. Right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties
• Click on the Shortcut tab and remove http://www.dosearches.com from the field labeled Target. Make sure you save the changes.
• To restore your normal home page, go to Tools and select Internet Options. Click on General tab and set the home page you prefer.
Make sure Dosearches.com hijacker is gone
After all of the highlighted steps have been completed, it’s strongly recommended to run a system scan with automated solution to make sure there are no traces of Dosearches.com hijacker and affiliated potentially unwanted programs left.